CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Deep city lights...

Moving to Minneapolis has probably been one of the best decisions of my seemingly short life. I have no regrets about it whatsoever. I love the people, the places, the culture. I've learned a lot in my short stint here. I've also a done a lot of growing up, too. Some might disagree with me on that, but this isn't about them--it's about me. I now know what it means to be a number, insignificant for all intents and purposes. I know what it means to be a struggling college student, strapped for cash and trying to maintain an image--a very thin tightrope to walk. I know what it feels like to go from a cosmopolitan lifestyle to a quiet, isolated one and wonder how the hell you ever survived the sheer monotony.
The last year and a half of my life seem to have flown by. Maybe this is just how it's going to be from here on out. One more year and then I'm a college graduate. With a degree that won't do much for me. Maybe I'll move somewhere. Change the scenery again. You're supposed to get all the self-exploration done during college, but I don't think that I have yet. Maybe truly isolating myself will help me get it together.
Yikes. That was very Dear Diary of me. On a lighter note, Thanksgiving is upon us and I'm so excited to go home. Nothing like friends and family to cheer you up after a draining semester of classes. Stay tuned to see what I'm thankful for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB4LlEaK8eM&feature=related

1 comments:

Alli said...

This funnily enough sounded like the beginning of a tv show...