CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where I stood...

It seems that my nights are no longer for sleeping but thinking about the future, instead. For the past two or three days, I've been up till 4 am wondering just what the hell I'm going to do with myself post-graduation. I've got three semesters left and it's time to get my shit together.

So I did, to a certain extent. I'm going to be a high school social studies teacher. I've come to terms with the self-inflicted poverty. I might just have to wait a few more years before I can get that nice black Audi coupe. What's more is that I'm not even behind. I have to take five or six classes I wasn't planning on taking (i.e. economics), but it shouldn't be too bad. I'm just so excited, though. I can sense the rightness, the fit of it. I've kept teaching on the back burner, because there was so much else to consider and so much more money to be made. I know that what's more important is my satisfaction in my work.

I want to be someone's favorite teacher, their inspiration. I want to mold young minds and encourage them to achieve more, to better themselves and their community. Most importantly, I want to do good. I feel like I haven't done enough of that in my life, thus far. So this is my small contribution. I will be the change I wish to see in the world. I will do my best to nurture, challenge, and enlighten the students that share their time with me.

Maybe that was a little too much rhetoric...or maybe it's just the passion talking.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've told you this before, but I believe in you and your dream to be a high school teacher. Although, in a dream, you'd be a millionaire with that black Audi coupe. ;) I think that what makes a great teacher is passion, and wiht what you just wrote, you'll be great.